Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Castleberry's Hot Dog Chili Sauce

Wow, the day I was going to buy two cans of this sauce they announced a recall. We had some hot dogs bought for some guests that came to stay with us and they did not eat them so I was going to start eating them for lunch by making them into chili dogs. By the time I got ready to go buy some the news had stories about this. Going to Kroger's the whole shelf was emptied and a sign was posted that the product had been recalled. The Kroger brand was made at the same plant so it was removed as well. So it looks like in the future I should buy the cheaper Kroger brand since it is the same product.

http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/photos/chilisauce10.html

This is too bad, I liked their sauce but I will need to buy some mustard now so I use that to eat hot dogs.

No comments: