Sunday, March 02, 2008

Tulips and Daffodils

I took some old milk jugs and turned them into planters for some tulip and daffodil bulbs I bought back in October 2007. I was afraid that the bulbs would die if I left them in the garage much longer without being planted. So I took the last of some potting soil and planted them about a week ago.

The bulbs are beginning to sprout with the tulips growing the fastest. I am keeping them in the sun room with the temperature varying throughout the day to the mid-60s to mid-70s F and a humidity of 40-80%. One tulip plant seems to be growing about 1 inch a day.

Once the temperatures warm up for good for spring I will plant them outside to make a flower bed of irises, tulips (Tulipa), daffodils (Narcissus), and balloon flowers (Platycodon grandiflorus).


No comments: